K-12 Education Printing Solutions
Mobile devices provide new and exciting ways for teachers to present concepts and students to learn. While they are great teaching tools, these devices also present some challenges along the way such as printing. How do you print from them? And when they are given print capability, what about paper and toner waste by students who print large documents or just never pick up their documents once printed? With budgets so constrained, K-12 schools not only need to provide a way to print from mobile devices in a simple manner but they also need control over the costs associated with it.
PrinterOn Hosted for K-12 is specifically designed for schools that want to provide simple, secure mobile printing to students and staff. The flexibility, quick deployment and budget-friendly price point of the PrinterOn solution is what makes it such a desirable choice for K-12 schools. Choose a hardware deployment, software deployment or embedded solution. Either way, you will be providing students and staff with the most widely used mobile printing solution in the world.
- Students can print from any mobile device, laptop or PC for BYOD environments
- Secure release keeps documents private and prevents paper waste, jobs not released never get printed
- Reduce paper and toner waste by setting page limits to prevent large documents from being printed
- Eliminate or scale back PC labs used just for printing
- Simple deployment turns any printer into a cloud printer
- Well priced solution that fits within your tight budget
- Students and staff can print from home or wherever they are to the school’s printers
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android provide simple search and print workflows.
- Variety of printing methods to suit different work styles - email, mobile apps, web upload, driver
The PrinterOn Hosted Workflow
Multiple Print Methods for Flexibility
With PrinterOn Hosted, students and staff can submit documents for printing in one of four ways giving them the ability to choose the method that is right for them.
1. Email Printing - Simply send an email with attachment to the unique email address of the printer
2. Mobile Apps - Mobile printing apps for iOS and Android provide simple search and print workflows
3. Web Upload - Documents are uploaded via a web portal URL, portals can be branded with your logo and colors
4. PrintWhere® Driver - Universal driver provides File>Print workflow for Windows PCs and tablets
Documents can be released from the printer in a variety of ways depending on your specific deployment.
1. Keypad - The PrintValet keypad provides secure release capability for any printer
2. Remote Release - Through the mobile apps, users can submit and release documents from their mobile devices
3. PC Release - Documents can be released through a simple release client installed on any Windows PC
4. Printer Interface - Release documents directly through the user interface of our embedded printer solutions