Remote Printing Solutions for Healthcare
Healthcare is one of the most security-sensitive industries. Doctors, nurses and staff must comply with strict policies around patient privacy and security of information. It is no surprise then that printing this type of information has its challenges.
With the PrinterOn Enterprise mobile printing platform, medical facilities can add mobile print capability to the current secure infrastructure while making sure all existing solutions and services are accounted for throughout the mobile print workflow. All processing and printing of documents is done on-premise within the secure network, keeping patient information private.
Key Features for Healthcare
Lower Operating Costs
Eliminate expensive VPN connections used to print to remote locations and third-party providers such as clinics, labs or offices which are not on the same secure network as the central hospital.
Secure Print from EMR Systems
Doctors need to deliver care to patients whenever and wherever they may be. PrinterOn enables secure printing from EMR systems from any mobile device providing instant access to important patient information.
Scalability and Flexibility
PrinterOn is a highly flexible, scalable and configurable software-based system sitting in between the application and network layers of an organization's IT infrastructure. Functionality remains the same whether deployed on premise behind the firewall or in the cloud.
Meet virtually any security requirement for your organization with control of user authentication, print job data encryption, transmission encryption and a variety of secure release methods at the print device.
The entire print infrastructure can be managed through a single location. The PrinterOn web console provides access to all settings, printers, configurations and reports making managing and monitoring simple and efficient.
Superior User Experience
Remote printing can be configured to work with the same workflows a user is used to. No changes. No training. To the user, printing to a remote printer is the same as printing to a printer down the hall.
Key Benefits of Remote Printing for Healthcare
- Secure release of documents provides confidentiality
- Printing easy-to-read documents for patients reduces errors
- PrinterOn can enable remote printing from Cerner LIMS
- On demand printing from mobile devices as well as laptops/PCs
- Print from EMR applications
- Variety of printing methods to suit different work styles - native iOS, email, apps, web upload
- Enterprise-grade security for protection of patient information
- Eliminates driver management - drivers are managed in the cloud
- Integrates with your existing secure infrastructure
- Authentication - works with your AD or LDAP user groups
- Print management - integrates with your current PMS for job tracking and auditing
Remote Printing Success Stories
“Before PrinterOn, we were using HP ePrint which did not meet the printing requirements for a mission critical warehouse management solution. PrinterOn gave us the guaranteed delivery we were looking for while remaining cost effective as compared to the custom solution we would have had to develop on our own.”
PrinterOn provides secure remote printing, connects disparate networks and eliminates costly VPN connections.