Managed Cloud Print Service
Like many organizations, you may be thinking about moving your traditional on premise infrastructure to the cloud. One of the key components that is often overlooked during the planning stage is print.
So how can you make sure that enterprise print isn't an afterthought?
PrinterOn Enterprise Cloud Print is a secure single tenant, managed service solution designed for organizations that want to unburden themselves of infrastructure and reduce their IT costs as well as a solution that truly aligns with your cloud-centric strategy.
With over 15 years of cloud printing experience, our commitment to provide innovative solutions for the print industry, an impressive record of continuous service uptime and over 100 million pages printed, you can trust PrinterOn to provide the peace of mind you need to make the move to the cloud.
|Offering||PrinterOn Enterprise Cloud Print|
|Offering Type||Single-tenant secure enterprise cloud printing in a dedicated per-customer cloud environment|
|Deployment Model||PrinterOn Enterprise Cloud Print deployed in third party cloud, one deployment per customer, PrinterOn-managed|
|Pricing Model||Monthly subscription cost with an annual commitment|
|Main Use Case||Secure enterprise printing for those customers who want to eliminate print server infrastructure and management by moving on premise print services to the cloud|
Simplify print and reduce infrastructure with managed cloud printWith PrinterOn Enterprise Cloud Print, your entire print infrastructure is managed in the cloud so you can focus on more important business. A managed cloud print service takes care of the details such as deployment, management, scaling, upgrading, support and maintenance so you don’t have to.
The benefits of a managed cloud print service for your organization:
- Reduce or eliminate on premise servers – With a print solution in the cloud, you no longer require all of those print servers. No maintenance, no hardware failures, no headaches.
- Lower IT costs – Dramatic reductions in hours spent maintaining cumbersome enterprise solutions and configuring networks and firewalls. Those resources can be shifted to IT activities that actually advance your organization’s mission.
- Elastic processing - Processing power can expand and contract on demand as needed. As your requirements increase, more processing servers are brought online in a matter of minutes. When needs decrease, the extra capacity is removed, saving you money. Pay only for what you use.
- Predictable operating costs - Subscription services enable you to plan costs with greater accuracy. The timing of costs also improve; costs are paid as the service is used instead of all up front. Print is now an operating expense rather than a capital expense.
Single Sign On (SSO) and Identity Management
When printing has been moved to the cloud, there is no simple way to use on premise authentication. Some of the challenges with cloud and identity management include:
- users are usually not on the same network as the services they want to use
- controlling user's access to cloud services is difficult
- storing passwords in multiple locations is not the answer
Single sign on or SSO is the answer. SSO enables secure authentication across networks without sharing user credentials. Instead, user identities or ID tokens are shared between services. PrinterOn supports SSO and any OpenID Connect identification system such as Microsoft Azure AD and others.