Remote Printing Solutions
Every day, organizations of all sizes need to securely print from one location, such as a main headquarters, to another remote office location that isn’t on the same network or even in the same country. Remote printing is the solution. PrinterOn can provide remote printing solutions for any organization that needs to print documents across disparate networks, to another corporate office, supplier or manufacturer.
Typical Remote Printing Situations
- Print from an ERP system to a facility such as a warehouse, factory, supplier, 3PL or logistics supplier where the printer is not on the same network
- Printing to printers at employees home offices with full accounting and without VPN
- Retailers printing to printers at store locations that may not be on the corporate network
- Healthcare services providers, such as test labs, securely printing to printers at hospitals and doctor’s offices
- Printing to printers on the network of a company that was acquired, but whose network is not integrated yet
Benefits of Secure Remote Printing Access with PrinterOn
- ERP system users just print like they always have-no learning curve
- Make Windows print queues cloud printing capable
- Eliminate costly VPN or leased lines
- Eliminates complexity of connecting remote locations to secure corporate network
- No secure network credentials required at the remote printing site
- Integrates into existing workflows such as work order, bar code and RFID label printing
Remote printing extends the reach of laptops, computers and mobile devices
Types of Remote Printing
Organizations who use ERP software like SAP, Sage and Oracle often need to have bar codes or shipping labels created in these systems sent to a printer and released at a remote location such as a supplier or manufacturer. To address this problem, some will use VPN or leased lines which can be cost prohibitive or may be hard to get especially in some remote locations. In some cases, actual hard copies of documents are physically shipped to these locations which is expensive as well as time consuming.
With the remote printing capability of PrinterOn Enterprise, documents can be printed across disparate networks to another corporate office, supplier or manufacturer saving time and money.
With more and more employees working from home or traveling for business, they need the ability to print securely from anywhere to their home office printer or corporate printer at work. Corporate Office/Home Office (CoHo) printing is when a home office printer is considered a corporate printer and must comply with corporate policy for printing. Because of how the WiFi or 3G/4G networks are set up, this is cumbersome and sometimes impossible. Sometimes if it is possible, it is not secure
Corporate Office/Home Office (COHO) Printing
The PrinterOn ability to connect a mobile device to a secure printer, no matter which networks are in between the two provides this flexibility. Printing can be done from a laptop, PC, tablet or smartphone. In addition, all print jobs are accounted for by the existing print management software that exists on the corporate network.
Remote Printing Architecture
With PrinterOn Enterprise installed on a main corporate server and Print Delivery Station (PDS) software installed at remote locations, the entire print workflow from submission to release is done through the corporate network and is kept secure.