Android Printing App
The Android mobile operating system is the world’s most popular device operating system. Many users not only use it for personal productivity and personal apps, but they use it as their primary mobile business device. With this comes the need for cloud printing solutions. But how does Android printing work exactly?
With PrinterOn cloud printing solutions, you only need to download the PrinterOn Android mobile printing app to have immediate access to thousands of PrinterOn-enabled printers around the world or your office printers.
The mobile printing app provides several methods to quickly locate a specific printer from among the thousands available:
- Search by location: Use your device’s Location Services to locate nearby printers, or search specific geographic locations.
- Search by keyword: Search the PrinterOn Directory for a printer with specific printer name, or search for a hotel name.
- Search for network printers: You can also use the network discovery features to scan your local network for available printers.
- Search for secured printers: Configure the mobile app with server and user account information and you can restrict your search to those printers you are authorized to access.
If you cannot access Google Play - DOWNLOAD HERE
Secure Release AnywhereRelease any print job from the PrinterOn Android mobile printing app from any printer that is part of a Secure Release Anywhere™ pool regardless of submission method. Jobs can be submitted via web, app, email or desktop.
The PrinterOn Android mobile printing app now provides server side previews which enables you to view documents such as Microsoft Word and Excel files. The print preview feature lets you view your document before submitting it for cloud printing, making sure it is exactly what you want before hitting the print button. Choose which pages you want to print and how many copies you need.
QR Code ReleaseYour PrinterOn service creates a unique QR code for each printer that you can print out and attach to enabled printers within your organization. After submitting a document for printing, you can scan any QR code on any PrinterOn-enabled printer inside or outside of your organization. This will bring up the release screen that will allow you to print your documents at your printer of choice.
Multiple Language Support
The PrinterOn Android printing app has been localized for 12 languages making it easier for international users to print. These languages include:
Native Android Printing
What if you could print from your Android device using a workflow similar to File>Print on your laptop? Wouldn't printing be easier without extra apps to open up?
The PrinterOn Print Service Plugin for Android lets you print securely from any application on your mobile device that supports native Android printing without using a 3rd party app. This eliminates the extra steps required to print resulting in a much more natural and streamlined workflow.
The PrinterOn Plugin combined with one of PrinterOn's cloud printing solutions, let's you easily find and print securely to any PrinterOn enabled printer within your organization or at a public print location no matter where you may be.
Benefits of Native Android Printing
- More natural print workflow like File>Print on your laptop
- Print directly from any application that supports native Android printing without the need for app
- Unlike other print plugins, you do not need to be on the same network as the printer, print from anywhere
- Secure release code for all print jobs prevents documents from being picked up accidentally as well as preventing print waste
|Enable the PrinterOn Print |
|Toggle "On" and available |
printers are displayed
|Choose a document and select |
Print from the menu
|Choose your settings|
|Tap the print icon||Your document has printed|